About the Center
The Center for Design+Innovation (cD+i) is where ideas are transformed into actions. Through a unique blending of design, management and technology, the cD+i envisions and builds better possibilities for the future. We work with academic and professional leaders to carry out bold and transformative research initiatives and deliver cutting-edge, interdisciplinary, and action-oriented education programs for students and professionals. We pursue breakthrough ideas to create solutions that are economically sustainable, environmentally responsible and humanly satisfying.
The cD+i was founded through the generous support of the Fox School of Business and Management and Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT). It is affiliated with the Fox School’s Management Information Systems department and the Strategic Management department.
We work with Temple’s world-renowned faculty members from disciplines as varied as business, computer and information sciences, design, engineering, biology and geography and urban studies. We also collaborate with other organizations at Temple, including IBIT, the Urban Apps & Maps Studios, the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute, the Center for Competitive Government, and Temple University Computer Services, and a network of the world’s leading institutions and corporations.
The cD+i is supported by corporate memberships, sponsorships and grants to fund its research, education and outreach programs.
- Integrated design and management education to all MBA programs at the Fox School of Business and Management. The Fox School is the first major business school to integrate design into its required MBA curriculum.
- Executive education courses and certificate programs featuring cD+i faculty members and thought leaders in industry.
- Funded and contract interdisciplinary research projects that lead to fundamental breakthrough ideas.
- InciteXchange, an annual interdisciplinary one-day conference on design, innovation and technology, featuring worldwide leaders in these areas.
- Design Week at Fox, an annual week of events including the Design Challenge, a student competition focused on identifying urban challenges and designing solutions for the North Broad community.
- Public lectures on design, innovation and technology throughout the year.
- Hosting industry thought leaders as senior visiting fellows.